Low-cost Guerrilla Marketing Ideas to Grow Your Business
Marketing is not just limited to advertising, social media, SEO, and e-mail. Marketing is a world of possibilities and many opportunities to be able to present yourself to your customers. Anything can be used as a potential marketing channel.
What is guerrilla marketing?
Guerrilla marketing is capturing the attention of your target audience and getting your brand exposed by using creative strategies. This technique does not really require a lot of funds because it can help generate foot traffic by direct offline exposure, word-of-mouth, or shares on social media.
The success of guerrilla marketing strategies largely relies on your ability to execute your creativity, and when taking this approach, there are important things that you have to consider. Here are some of them:
- Think of the location. You have to consider the places where you do not only get maximum exposure but also an exposure to your target or potential customers.
- Hit or miss. To make sure people won’t miss your guerrilla marketing, it should be creative enough to give them a reason to stop and take a look. Your marketing is more likely going to be effective if you have a great idea that is well thought of.
- You should be on the same page with your creative team. When coming up with a creative concept, you have to make sure that you are able to get your message across clearly.
- Consider other factors. Think of other factors that may hinder or affect the execution of your campaign. Be careful not to be offensive, and don’t break any laws. You have to be very careful when you execute your tactics, and make sure it is neither annoying nor offensive to the public. Make sure you do it in such a way that it will be delighting to people.
- Use it in such a way that it will complement your online marketing. You should be able to establish the connection between your offline marketing and the brand you market online.
Here are a few low-cost guerrilla marketing strategies you might want to consider for your business:
- Open a pop-up shop. When you open a pop-up shop, it will be easier to set up and take down. You will not need a very big capital on this, but you will be able to effectively bring your customers to the point of buying because you are putting up a temporary physical shop. With a pop-up shop, the location of your store is critical. What is nice about it is that you can have it set up in an office, a street corner, or even inside another shop or store.
- Give away free samples. Everybody loves free items, who doesn’t? Free samples are surely one of the most effective ways for you to be able to get your products into the hands of your consumers. It is easier to sell products to people once they have tried it out, and because you give them something for free, the more they will be compelled to give something back. So, if you need a little of their time to educate them about your product, they are more likely going to spend a few minutes.
- Use sticker marketing. This is an inexpensive way to get your brand exposed. Many people use stickers of their favorite brands on their game consoles, cars, laptops, and other possessions. Stickers can also be a useful and strategic way to advertise a message in a location.
- Make use of graffiti and posters. You don’t have to spend for renting a space for advertising your brand. There are plenty of other options that you can look into. If you do not have your own personal space, you can borrow someone else’s so that you can put up a visual or physical presence with the help of posters, graffiti, and other attractive artworks.
- Choose to do things that don’t scale. Guerrilla marketing is the best strategy to use if you want to make your brand known but you lack the financial resources to do it. Do not expect that your return on investment can be measured by using this marketing but that is exactly the point.
Powered by WishList Member - Membership Software